Terms and Conditions:
1. The closing date for submissions (found on the application form) is not negotiable or flexible.
2. The submission of the application form will be deemed acceptance of these terms and
3. Submissions will only be received in electronic format.
4. If you are submitting the application form on behalf of a third party, including a club or community
group, you acknowledge and agree that you are authorised to submit the application form on
their behalf. References to “you” in these terms and conditions includes any third party on whose
behalf you are applying.
5. An organisation can apply for funding for multiple projects but only one application for each
project will be accepted.
6. Each application must be complete and include the following documents:
7. The total amount of funding available at any one time or for any round of distribution grants is as
determined by the Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc.
a. Project Budget
b. Current annual report including a financial statement tabled at the last Annual General
Meeting, or last available audit for the organisation
c. ABN and proof of Tax exemption and / or Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status from the
Australian Taxation Office if applicable.
8. You must ensure that your application form and any supporting documentation does not infringe
any other person or entity’s confidential information or intellectual property or moral rights.
9. Projects must not involve applications, tools and technologies or content that is inconsistent with
the values of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc, standards of decency or Australian Law.
10. You must keep confidential any information that the Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc.
provides you with and only use it for the purposes of submitting your application and providing us
with information about your project.
11. Third party interest, finance or commitment to your project must be disclosed with all relevant
12. Do not submit any original documents as your application form and any supporting
documentation will not be returned to you.
13. Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc will not be liable for any costs incurred by you in preparing
14. Co-funding of projects with other funding bodies, corporate entities or individuals encouraged,
but any co-funding must be detailed in the application form.
15. You also acknowledge the following key conditions that apply to any grants:
16. You acknowledge and agree that Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc may make any press or
other announcement or release relating to the grant of funds to you without your prior written
consent. You also agree that you will participate in any media events or promotions to be
conducted if you are granted any funding.
a. Grants cannot be transferred;
b. Grants will not be provided retrospectively for completed projects, or for work done on
incomplete projects prior to the date of notification of approval of grant.
c. Your rights to all project material (including, but not limited to, all intellectual property) must
be sufficient to enable you to meet all of your obligations; and
d. Projects that are funded cannot be deferred and must progress according to the timelines
detailed in the application form.
17. Successful applicants who receive grants agree to comply with and abide by the terms of
reporting on projects and completing the acquittal process within the required time frame(s).
18. You acknowledge and agree that any personal information submitted as part of the application
process will be used for the purposes of assessing this application and may be used and
disclosed for the purpose of making any press or other announcement or release relating to the
grant of funds to you.
19. The Feed Ballarat Grant Program selection panel will appraise the applications and give
recommendations to Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc for final approval.
20. The Feed Ballarat Grant Program selection panel may recommend that a partial grant should
apply to an application and / or a grant should be subject to certain requirements being met.
21. The Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc. are not obliged to make a particular
number of grants or to extend any or all of the available fund resources.
22. The decisions made by the Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc. are final and there is
no appeal process.
23. The Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc. are not required to give reasons for the
approval or rejection of an application.
24. In situations not covered by these terms and conditions, or where there is ambiguity, Ballarat
Foundation United Way Inc reserves the right to exercise their discretion and the decision of the
Directors of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc will be final.
25. Ballarat Foundation and United Way Inc also reserve the right to amend these terms and
conditions at any time. However, if these terms and conditions are amended once you have
submitted your application, Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc will give you the opportunity to
resubmit your application form, if, in the opinion of Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc, your
application is adversely affected in a material way.