After the cancellation of Dancing with our Stars last year due to COVID-19, we were thrilled to be able to bring the event back to Civic Hall on March 20 and live-stream it into local households.
Ten well-known local identities participated as ‘Stars’ by obtaining sponsors, fundraising a minimum of $5,000 and performing a dance with a professional dance partner on the night.
The 2021 Dancing with our Stars team included:
• Tim Bone – Sponsored by Stockland Wendouree
• Daniel Nestor – Sponsored by McGrath Ballarat and realestate.com.au
• Taite Radley – Sponsored by Sweaty AF Gym
• Rob Croucher – Sponsored by SMUK Property Styling
• Kevin Vanderkley – Sponsored by Hearty Homes
• Rochelle Kirkham – Sponsored by JK Personnel
• Paula Nicholson – Sponsored by Gull & Co
• Danielle Coltman – Sponsored by ABC Homes
• Alicia Wang Sheludko – Sponsored by Sovereign Radiology
• Anita Godfrey – Sponsored by BGT
Shelley Ross, the owner of The Dance Studio in Ballarat, donated hundreds of hours to teach our Stars how to dance. Each Star was paired with an experienced dancer, was given a style of dance, and was then provided with three or more lessons each week for ten weeks.
All of their hard work culminated in a fabulous night hosted by Josh Arthur and Tabitha Rickard. Our Stars and their partners wowed the audience both in the Civic Hall and via virtual watch parties. Their performances were judged by Abbey Ross, Constance Coward Lemke and Mark Nunn.
Total funds raised – $104,184
Dancing with our Stars Champion – Danielle Coltman
Judge’s Choice – Rochelle Kirkham and Robert Powell
People’s Choice – Danielle Coltman and Adrian Messiri
The Ballarat Foundation would like to thank our Stars, Dancers, Shelley and the whole Ballarat community who supported this event and made it a success.