The Ballarat Foundation this morning launched the inaugural Dancing with the Stars event to media and sponsors at the Ballarat Dance Studio.
Ten local identities were this morning announced as the ‘stars’ of the inaugural DWOS event to be held at the newly renovated Ballarat Civic Hall on Saturday June 22.
Held at the Ballarat Dance Studio; the location where all dance training will take place, the launch was well attended by local media, sponsors, dancers and ‘professional’ dance partners.
The launch opened with a special performance by three couples who regularly train and compete nationally. The ten local dancers were then revealed along with their dance partners and sponsors. The dancers are:
- Samantha McIntosh, Mayor City of Ballarat
- Malcolm Roberts, Owner Canberra Hotel
- Rosemary Aldrich, Chief Medical Officer Ballarat Health Services
- Mark Nunn, Co-Director Buxton Real Estate Ballarat
- Robyn Upton, Long Standing Rotarian
- Dylan Lesock, Managing Director Clark Clean
- Liana Skewes, Blogger / Photographer findingfemme.com.au
- George Fong, Nerd Herder Lateral Plains & Chair of Central Highlands Regional Partnership.
- Amy McDonald, VFLW player Geelong FC.
- Shaune Moloney, Teacher Ballarat Clarendon College.
Local media, WIN Television, The Courier, 3BA/Power FM, Regent Cinemas, and GeeScreens.com.au have partnered with the Ballarat Foundation to promote the event and its cause across the region. Local marketing agency Pepper Brand Managers were also announced as the creative and production partner and have produced all the advertising collateral.
Speaking about event Chief Executive of Ballarat Foundation Matt Jenkins said,
“Dancing with our Stars will be an exciting event that is something different for the community. We thought, it will raise money, it will raise wonderful profile of the issues that face our community, and most importantly it’s going to be a heap of fun.”– Matt Jenkins, CEO, Ballarat Foundation.
At the conclusion of the launch it was announced the voting for the People’s Choice Award was open along with ticket sales to the event. The event website can be found at https://ballaratfoundation.org/dwos/
For more information on Dancing with our Stars please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 008 939