The Ballarat Foundation collects and utilises information for a range of purposes, including details of sub fund holders and donors, funded community programs, and various data bases. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of the person whose information it holds.
The Ballarat Foundation is bound by Victorian Privacy Laws, Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, Commonwealth Privacy Laws, The Privacy Act 1988, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian and Commonwealth Privacy Laws as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
in broad terms this means that we:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, with written request (and identification) and the right to seek its correction.