why make a living
… when you can make a difference?
United Way Ballarat and The Ballarat Foundation are currently seeking a talented and experienced Administrator to join our fantastic team and help us to build a better Ballarat. We are a joint organisation who is looking to appoint someone to this key role who has the ability to keep us on track as we move to the next stage of our journey together.
We seek to be leaders in philanthropy and Not for Profit activity as a body who can move between the many different sectors of our community, influence and advocate on behalf of or between sectors and call our community to have a balcony view as we drive to change things for the better. We address root causes of issues, focusing both on issues today and prevention of issues in the future. It is our goal not to compete, but to work alongside other agencies, bodies and organisations to leverage collective knowledge, expertise and resources to advance our community. We value the trust our donors and the community places in us and we will hold ourselves to the highest levels of accountability and transparency using best practice accounting, governance and standards of conduct.
OUR VISION: A community of engaged citizens which promotes thoughtful and effective giving in all its forms.
OUR MISSION: To promote and act to:
- Advance the common good
- Identify local needs and appropriate responses
- Mobilise resources required from within the community where possible, and
- Provide appropriate pathways to facilitate community engagement.
We are a movement of people who are united in caring for our community and we succeed when we bring together that caring power in combination with skills, time and influence. Our volunteers, staff and supporters should feel engaged, valued and empowered to build a better and stronger community. That’s where you come in. We are looking for a practised Administrator to manage our day to day operations and be the glue that holds these organisations together.
To find out more about us visit: www.unitedwayballarat.org.au www.ballaratfoundation.org
Working in such a small team means that you’ll never be bored; in this multifunctional role you will be exposed to interesting and varied work. Your people skills will be put to good use as you liaise with a range of different groups such as corporates, volunteers and community agencies. You will be the heart of the organisation, acting as the ‘air traffic controller’ responsible for managing the day to day operations of the office and keeping the organisation up and running behind the scenes. As the ‘go to’ person for staff and volunteers as well as being the ‘right hand’ of the CEO, you will develop an unlimited understanding of the organisation and everything that goes on. You will be a vital and hugely respected part of the team.
You will be responsible for:
- General office management, maintenance and administration
- Supporting the CEO
- Overseeing human resources administration
- Liaising with media representatives, community partners and stakeholders
- Coordinating and/or supporting specific programs, staff & volunteers
- Managing our top flight events from conceptualisation to completion, such as the Red Lion United Way Golf Classic and the Administrative Professionals Breakfast.
YOU CAN OFFER US
Having worked in an administrator role for over 10 years, you are an administrative expert. Your advanced communication skillsputs others to shame and your computer literacy does you credit. You thrive under pressure and love a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You are:
- You are a Ballarat local, you have lived or worked here and you have a sense of ‘the lay of the land’
- Personally aligned to the vision and mission of United Way Ballarat and The Ballarat Foundation
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, word processing and spread sheet applications
- Exceedingly talented at communicating in both written and oral contexts
- Highly organised with great time management, multitasking and prioritising skills
- Proactive, self managing and confident in supervising others
- Collaborative and willing to help others
- Flexible and adaptable with a ‘can-do’ and unflappable attitude and approach
- Able to quickly learn new skills and step out of your comfort zone as we respond to the needs in our community and from our donors
- Friendly, approachable and a ‘people person’ with a great sense of humour
- Non-judgmental and happy to work with a range of different people and organisations across the community.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our ambition is to have the best working environment in Ballarat. We pride ourselves on our informal and collaborative atmosphere and encourage staff to have a laugh with one another. In working with us, you will be provided with:
- Interesting, challenging and varied work that will keep you engaged
- A purpose you can feel passionate about which is aligned with your values
- A long-term commitment by the organization with the opportunity to build skills to boost your career
- A trusted autonomous role in which you can make decisions
- Influence over your own goals and a collaborative performance management process
- A friendly and fun team who value your contributions
Please forward your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or for a confidential discussion with our CEO, Geoff Sharp call 5331 5555.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday September 17th.